Sequence number

jesse
Let's say there is a running cluster A, with table:books and system.sequence current value 5000, cache size 100, incremental is 1, the latest book with sequence id:4800

Now the cluster A snapshot is backed up & restored into cluster b, system.sequence and books table are properly restored, when we add a new book, the book gets sequence id: 12, why it is not 4801 or 5001?

Our Phoenix version : 4.14.2

Thanks

Re: Sequence number

jesse
It is properly restored, we double checked.

We worked around the issue by restarting the query server.

But it seems a bad bug.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 11:34 AM Thomas D'Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you sure SYSTEM.SEQUENCE was restored properly? What is the current value of the sequence in the restored table?

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:52 PM jesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let's say there is a running cluster A, with table:books and system.sequence current value 5000, cache size 100, incremental is 1, the latest book with sequence id:4800

Now the cluster A snapshot is backed up & restored into cluster b, system.sequence and books table are properly restored, when we add a new book, the book gets sequence id: 12, why it is not 4801 or 5001?

Our Phoenix version : 4.14.2

Thanks

Re: Sequence number

Josh Elser-2
Are you saying that you didn't restart the Phoenix QueryServer after you
restored the Phoenix system tables?

And then, after running into issues, you restarted PQS and then it
worked as expected?

I can respect that we probably don't say this anywhere, but you should
definitely be restarting any Phoenix clients (including PQS) if you are
wiping the Phoenix system tables.

On 10/22/19 5:08 PM, jesse wrote:

> It is properly restored, we double checked.
>
> We worked around the issue by restarting the query server.
>
> But it seems a bad bug.
>

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 11:34 AM Thomas D'Silva <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Are you sure SYSTEM.SEQUENCE was restored properly? What is the
>     current value of the sequence in the restored table?
>
>     On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:52 PM jesse <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         Let's say there is a running cluster A, with table:books and
>         system.sequence current value 5000, cache size 100, incremental
>         is 1, the latest book with sequence id:4800
>
>         Now the cluster A snapshot is backed up & restored into cluster
>         b, system.sequence and books table are properly restored, when
>         we add a new book, the book gets sequence id: 12, why it is not
>         4801 or 5001?
>
>         Our Phoenix version : 4.14.2
>
>         Thanks

Re: Sequence number

jesse
Please see comments in line.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 3:40 PM Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you saying that you didn't restart the Phoenix QueryServer after you
restored the Phoenix system tables?

We did not restart PQS after restoration of system tables.

And then, after running into issues, you restarted PQS and then it
worked as expected?

Yes, it fixed the issue.

I can respect that we probably don't say this anywhere, but you should
definitely be restarting any Phoenix clients (including PQS) if you are
wiping the Phoenix system tables.

Got it, thanks.