Re: Phoenix spark java integration example

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Phoenix spark java integration example

Josh Elser
Hi Karthigeyan,

I'm moving your message over to the users list in the hopes that a more
broad audience might see your ask. The dev list is focused around the
day-to-day development of Apache Phoenix.

I don't believe I've seen any examples of the phoenix-spark module in
Java. If you happen to find some, it would be good to have at least one
example available in our codebase.

On 11/22/19 6:13 PM, Karthigeyan r wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
>
>
> I am just wondering phoenix as developed on java, I tried to develop an
> application with Phoenix-spark plugin. While searching for examples, I am
> not seeing extensive example in java rather I find most of it in scala or
> python. Do we have detailed example set of various Phoenix-spark
> integration in java ?
>
>
>
>
>
> Karthigeyan
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Phoenix spark java integration example

Josh Elser-2
That would be great!

On 11/25/19 6:43 PM, Karthigeyan r wrote:

> Hi Josh , Thanks for replying me back . At this moment I am developing
> an integration using java. But as you know it is being thought without
> any additional sample . Once completed I can upload the source base for
> other to gain some insights .
>
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 8:47 AM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Karthigeyan,
>
>     I'm moving your message over to the users list in the hopes that a more
>     broad audience might see your ask. The dev list is focused around the
>     day-to-day development of Apache Phoenix.
>
>     I don't believe I've seen any examples of the phoenix-spark module in
>     Java. If you happen to find some, it would be good to have at least one
>     example available in our codebase.
>
>     On 11/22/19 6:13 PM, Karthigeyan r wrote:
>      > Dear Team,
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > I am just wondering phoenix as developed on java, I tried to
>     develop an
>      > application with Phoenix-spark plugin. While searching for
>     examples, I am
>      > not seeing extensive example in java rather I find most of it in
>     scala or
>      > python. Do we have detailed example set of various Phoenix-spark
>      > integration in java ?
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Karthigeyan
>      >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Phoenix spark java integration example

Chinmay Kulkarni
Hi Karthigeyan,

We have updated the Phoenix-Spark documentation on the website https://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_spark.html. The phoenix-spark project readme also reflects these usages. Please take a look at the Java examples there. DataSourceV1 APIs are deprecated and we suggest to use DataSourceV2 APIs instead.

Regards,
Chinmay

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 8:35 AM Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
That would be great!

On 11/25/19 6:43 PM, Karthigeyan r wrote:
> Hi Josh , Thanks for replying me back . At this moment I am developing
> an integration using java. But as you know it is being thought without
> any additional sample . Once completed I can upload the source base for
> other to gain some insights .
>
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 8:47 AM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Karthigeyan,
>
>     I'm moving your message over to the users list in the hopes that a more
>     broad audience might see your ask. The dev list is focused around the
>     day-to-day development of Apache Phoenix.
>
>     I don't believe I've seen any examples of the phoenix-spark module in
>     Java. If you happen to find some, it would be good to have at least one
>     example available in our codebase.
>
>     On 11/22/19 6:13 PM, Karthigeyan r wrote:
>      > Dear Team,
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > I am just wondering phoenix as developed on java, I tried to
>     develop an
>      > application with Phoenix-spark plugin. While searching for
>     examples, I am
>      > not seeing extensive example in java rather I find most of it in
>     scala or
>      > python. Do we have detailed example set of various Phoenix-spark
>      > integration in java ?
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Karthigeyan
>      >
>


--
Chinmay Kulkarni